Old Robinson Gymnasium

Files

ksrl_ua_0.22.75_1910s_0007.jpg
Click to View

Dublin Core

Title

Old Robinson Gymnasium

Description

Robinson Gymnasium was named in honor of Charles and Sara Robinson for their long-time service to the state of Kansas and the city of Lawrence. Opened in 1907 it included a 107 by 70 feet gymnasium, a swimming pool and men’s and women’s locker rooms in the basement and an auditorium seating twenty-five hundred people. The castle-like building came down in 1967.

Date

1910s

Identifier

RG 0/22/75

Collection

Citation

“Old Robinson Gymnasium,” KU Libraries Exhibits, accessed May 20, 2022, https://exhibits.lib.ku.edu/items/show/6692.