Snow Hall, dedicated in 1886

Files

ksrl.ld2688o5.93_036.jpg
Click to View

Dublin Core

Title

Snow Hall, dedicated in 1886

Description

Snow Hall of Natural History opened in 1886 and was named even before its completion for Francis H. Snow. In addition to a lecture hall and laboratories the building housed four museums for geology, zoology, entomology and anatomy. After it was no longer viable for use the building came down in stages from 1930 through 1934.

Date

1886

Identifier

RG 0/22/81

Collection

Citation

“Snow Hall, dedicated in 1886,” KU Libraries Exhibits, accessed December 8, 2022, https://exhibits.lib.ku.edu/items/show/6757.