Nazis, Communists, and Others on the Fringe was written by Laird Wilcox and John George and published by Prometheus Books in 1992. The book was called a “spectacular work” by Phillip Finch, author of God, Guts and Guns: A Close Look at the Radical Right and acclaimed by him as a “landmark in a field of study so often marked by hysteria and prejudice.” When the paperback edition was published in 1996, the title was altered to American Extremists: Militias, Supremacists, Klansmen, Communists, & Others and a photo from the Oklahoma City bombing was used on the cover.
Laird Wilcox’s F.B.I. Files, 1960-1970 was compiled over a period of four years from 1981 to 1984 and published in 1985. Laird requested the records under the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act. (RH WL D2652)
In addition to the Guide to the American Right, (HS2323 .G84) Wilcox also published the Guide to the American Left and the Guide to the American Occult. Also shown are Spectrum, a Guide to the Independent Press and Informative Organizations (D839 .C46) and Fanaticism, Dogmatism & Ideological Thinking (RH WL D4375).
During his long career Laird has published multiple guides on topics ranging from the occult to Selected Quotations for the Ideological Skeptic. In this case are just a few of his publications. A short list of other titles includes:
- Pocket Directory of Peace-Oriented Organizations and Periodicals, 1962
- International Peace/Disarmament Directory, 1963
- Battle Line, a Private Intelligence Report on the Second American Revolution, 1971
- Bibliography on Political Psychology, Persuasion & Propaganda! 1980
- Bibliography on Terrorism and Assassination, 1980
- Bibliography on Espionage and Intelligence Operations, 1980
- Civil Liberties Review, Free Speech—Due Process, 1986-87